In this episode, we’re answering the question, “When can I walk the Camino de Santiago?” With new vaccination protocols planned and EU nations preparing to welcome vaccinated tourists, author Kevin Donahue (http://www.sacredstepsbook.com) discusses pilgrimage along the Camino de Santiago and the Via Francigena, plus options for less crowded routes in Ireland and the U.K.
Stream this episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/lA5oLecxixY
- COVID-19 Pilgrimage Updates at OneStepThenAnother
- EU Vaccination Passport Discussions
- CAMINO DE SANTIAGO:
- Spain’s Travel Health Guidance
- Spanish Region Restrictions Map for Camino
- American Pilgrims on the Camino (USA)
- Confraternity of St James (UK)
- Australian Friends of the Camino (AUS)
- The Canadian Company of Pilgrims (CAN)
- Confraternity of Saint James of South Africa (SA)
- The Camino Society Ireland (IRE)
- More Global Pilgrim Societies (EU, Asia, Africa, S.America)
- Camino de Santiago
- VIA FRANCIGENA
- PILGRIMAGE IN BRITAIN
- KUMANO KODO
- CALIFORNIA MISSIONS TRAIL
CONNECT WITH THE SHOW ONLINE:
- Podcast Homepage – sacredstepspodcast.com
- Pilgrimage Book – Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal
- Stream the Video Podcast on YouTube
- Connect on Facebook
- View on Instagram
MEET THE HOST: Kevin Donahue
Husband. Father. Backpacker. Pilgrim. Author.
In 2019, Kevin Donahue set off from his home in the United States to begin a pilgrimage journey spanning both years and miles, walking across continents to the ancient end of the world, to kneel at the tombs of eight Apostles. Available for Easter 2022, Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal, is Kevin’s first-hand account of the people and places found along the way to inspire questions and enlighten answers about faith, hope, and love.
Available from print and digital booksellers for Easter 2022, Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal is the first-person account of a reluctant pilgrim navigating the eternal questions of faith while walking along the world’s revered paths. The book follows one man’s journey through Portugal and Spain on the Camino de Santiago, along the coast of the Pacific Ocean connecting California’s Missions Trail, across England’s ancient Pilgrims’ Way, and onward towards Rome via Europe’s forgotten footpaths on a journey of soulful discovery. More than a travelogue, Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal is a first-hand account of a pilgrim’s journey and the people and places he finds to inspire questions and enlighten answers about faith, hope, and love.