Camino de Santiago pilgrim Johnnie Walker (http://www.wewalkforyour2020.org/) joins Author Kevin Donahue (http://www.sacredstepsbook.com) to discuss the Camino in the age of Covid and his emotional “We Walk For You” Camino, in which Johnnie carried prayer requests across the Camino Frances for those who could not walk this year.
STREAM ONLINE NOW:
DISCUSSIONS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Stephen Shields
DONATE TO SUPPORT PILGRIM ORGANIZATIONS
- American Pilgrims on the Camino (USA)
- Confraternity of St James (UK)
- Australian Friends of the Camino (AUS)
- The Canadian Company of Pilgrims (CAN)
- Confraternity of Saint James of South Africa (SA)
- The Camino Society Ireland (IRE)
- More Global Pilgrim Societies (EU, Asia, Africa, S.America)
- Beginner’s Guide to the Camino de Santiago
- Recommended Gear List for the Camino de Santiago
- How to Select a Backpack for the Camino de Santiago
- How Much Does it Cost to Walk the Camino de Santiago?
CONNECT WITH THE SHOW ONLINE:
- Podcast Homepage – sacredstepspodcast.com
- Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal
- Stream the Video Podcast on YouTube
- Connect on Facebook
- View on Instagram
MEET OUR GUEST: Johnniewalker
Johnniewalker is retired and lives in Santiago. He has walked thousands of kilometers on pilgrim routes in Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Japan. He has so far written 15 books about the Camino to Santiago including a range of guidebooks and three Spiritual Companions for pilgrims, with proceeds donated to pilgrim causes and charities. In his professional career he was founding Director for Scotland for the National Lottery Charities Board, Chief of Staff to the First Minister of Scotland, and founding Chief Executive of UnLtd the UK wide Foundation for Social Entrepreneurs which was awarded the Millenium Legacy of £100 million.
MEET THE HOST: Kevin Donahue
Husband. Father. Backpacker. Pilgrim. Author.
In 2019, Kevin Donahue set off from his home in the United States to begin a pilgrimage journey spanning both years and miles, walking across continents to the ancient end of the world, to kneel at the tombs of eight Apostles. Available for Easter 2022, Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal, is Kevin’s first-hand account of the people and places found along the way to inspire questions and enlighten answers about faith, hope, and love.
Available from print and digital booksellers for Easter 2022, Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal is the first-person account of a reluctant pilgrim navigating the eternal questions of faith while walking along the world’s revered paths. The book follows one man’s journey through Portugal and Spain on the Camino de Santiago, along the coast of the Pacific Ocean connecting California’s Missions Trail, across England’s ancient Pilgrims’ Way, and onward towards Rome via Europe’s forgotten footpaths on a journey of soulful discovery. More than a travelogue, Sacred Steps: A Pilgrimage Journal is a first-hand account of a pilgrim’s journey and the people and places he finds to inspire questions and enlighten answers about faith, hope, and love.